[mf2012] "What Is Moving Forest? And why should I participate?"

zeljko at qsport.info zeljko at qsport.info
Tue Mar 27 22:57:34 CEST 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 12:35 PM, shu lea cheang <shulea at earthlink.net> wrote:
> dear list
>
> in a recent email exchange with rachel(baker), this is raised.
>  "What Is Moving Forest? And why should I participate?"
>
> I guess maybe it's good that we can use this list to open up this discussion?
>
> quoting rachel-
> "what interests me more are the processes of building an assemblage
> of different (probably
> small) projects through associations with people who want to conduct
> investigations into the MF themes and the 500 slogans"

indeed - I think it can be seen as a semi-curated set of events and projects
rather then singular work or narrative

> could be considered MF as "A festival of mobilisations that raises
> all the contradictions that a poetic
> networked insurgency raises with the Olympics and the economic crisis
> as a backdrop."

this is nicely put together - also what could be considered here is
that while official "cultural olympiad" is set to (re)present "art world"
to global sport tourists as an audience...
this counter-critical culture program could have goal to promote participation
and self-organizing as emancipatory practice through provoking issues

> Rcahel, i think you would agree that we throw these concept into the
> pots and stir up
> some dialogue on this list.

I do not think this type of dialogue can emerge easily in list
as a medium for incremental and successive info flow,
but rather in content forming environment like wiki...

I think there should be one for MF

best Z

--
qSPORT - Zagreb,