[mf2012] moving moving forest

shu lea cheang shulea at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 21 11:44:19 CEST 2012

hi, atau

This sounds good. we definitely have 24 channel mixer and all cables
for plug in...

This act should mostly happen within insurgency act at the parade ground
between 5-8pm on july 4.
Can you organize this idea as an event upload?
and clarify what people need to bring?
http://mf2012.anorg.net/london2012/moving-forest/prelude/
(here also to check how other events are being lined up)

You should also know about the swiss group (jonas, marc and patric)
mobile-500slogans-mapping city project
http://mf2012.anorg.net/london2012/map/?selection=events

The mapping with mobilephone and slogans, on the same map as mapping
of event happening.

the trois swiss arrive on June 27..maybe we can plan a meet up 28. or 29
if you are at goldsmiths? they work with iphone and
android....programming, hacking..
we collaborated before on this tramjam project
http://tramjam.net

soon
sl

>>>I can come out w my sidekick Adam Parkinson w custom apps on
>>>iPhone to do sampling and granular synthesis so that we can record
>>>recitations of the 500 slogans and time stretch them into
>>>physically impossible incantations

this would fit in well w my notion of postlaptop music

we just need a bunch of minijack-1/4" or RCA cables to plug into the
mixing desk

we can set up a download server if people want the app
we can also bring some iPod Touch's to lend out so people who don't
have their owniThings can join in
given some time we might be able to prepare Android version but it's
a question of time - need to connect w an Android programmer to make
it happen

just give us a time slot on the 4th and we'll time stretch slogans
(btw have you reached out to the Music Hackspace people?)

AT