[mf2012] onigiri force

Atau Tanaka a.tanaka at gold.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 13:33:30 CEST 2012

Hi Matsuko, SL,

I have a 6 cup (I think) rice cooker, but I need to get it out of storage, and it needs a japanese 100V transformer.
It has an "oisogi" (hurry up) mode, and can probably cook 6 cups on 40 minutes.
Water supply and drain (to rinse the grains) important. Measurement cups important

ASDA has 5kg bags of korean sushi rice that's very good and reasonable price. There's an asian market next to ASDA on Old Kent Rd also that will have bigger bags

If we have time, it could be good to locate a Japanese food shop and buy onigiri presses for the triangular shapes.
(I can also make round kansai-style ones by hand)

:-)
Atau

Atau Tanaka
ERC Fellow