[mf2012] onigiri force

matsuko matsuko at yoha.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 11:17:31 CEST 2012

Hi shu lea and all

Good to be back in UK and see mf is booming!

I understand that I was appointed to be part of ‘onigiri force’ on the
4th, along with YoHa’s do. (Is there any other Japanese in the list?!)

Practical questions; are we willing to make 500 onigiri on the day?
I’ve just brought back a brand new rice cooker from Japan. I also have
an old cooker which lost function of quick cook mode, but can cook
rice fine.

Both of cookers has capacity of 5 cups rice to cook – I believe 1 cup
can make 5 onigiri – it’ll be very small one – therefore max 25
onigiri per cooker. (mine is, if you have 10 cup cooker then 50)
It takes more than a half hour to cook rice, so I say 50 onigiri per
hour is max with my two cookers. We obviously need more people and
cooker. Also we need rice, it has to be Japanese style rice (sticky)
otherwise we can’t make balls.

Please come to help making onigiri on the day (I can teach how to make
it) or bring your rice cooker.

Or please donate Japanese style rice. You can get it in many Asian
shops in London. There are 250g to10 kg different size bags to choose.

I’ll get bunch of ‘nori’ (black sea weed paper for wrapping onigiri).
Let me know who is taking part on this please?

Matsuko