[mf2012] 'Moving Forest' London - GPS tracking

John Jordan artactivism at gn.apc.org
Tue Jul 3 08:57:57 CEST 2012

dear forest trackers... our forest movements cannot be tracked im afraid, it is  an insurgency - a movement under cover, an act whose actors are invisible to those in power, but whose actions insert inertia into their system. It is the art of not attracting attention, the craft of the tricksters stealth,  a movement between worlds seeding creative disorder and changing shapes where ever she/he goes. And  last but not least the first strategic rule of direct action is: don't get caught..leave no traces...
ours the laboratory of insurrectionary imagination
of course this is all poetry, pretend, play acting.. there is no insurgency, there is no crisis, there is nothing to worry about....

On 3 Jul 2012, at 01:54, Patric Kaufmann wrote:

> 'Moving Forest' London - GPS tracking
>
> Dear all participants of the 'Moving Forest' project. We would like to
> track you. Please install the iPhone or Android app 'Moving Forest XII'
> on your smartphone. Links below. The general goal is to track your
> movement during the whole 12 hour performance, which takes place at the
> 4th of July. This means, that you should connect to our server using the
> installed app. Please do this so befor July the 4th. As soon your phone
> is connected, you'll be located on the 'Moving Forest' map. Your GPS
> data also influences a few of the performances (act 2 and part of act 3,
> so long. please contact us if you want to receive data as well) We
> display all the movement, by streaming the positions, of the connected
> people, to the map on the 'Moving Forest' webpage.
> please note that GPS tracking needs a little more battery power. We
> recommend to take your charger with you.
> See you at the venue.
> by the way: please invite your friends all over the planet to connect to
> 'Moving Forest', but especially the ones from london.
>
> Android:
> http://mf2012.anorg.net/media/cms_page_media/24/mf2012_android.apk
> (maybe we upload an update)
> http://mf2012.anorg.net/london2012/app/
>
> iPhone:
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moving-forest-xii/id533169764?mt=8 (an
> update is on the way - we wait for the appstore to pass it through)
>
> cheers
> jonas, marc & patric

Notre livre-film "Les Sentiers de L'utopie" (Editions Zones/La Découverte 2011)
twitter: @nowtopia.

www.labofii.net

9 place des halles
Rochefort-en-terre