[mf2012] feedback from ACE on TAKE2030's MF application

shu lea cheang shulea at earthlink.net
Thu May 3 17:39:04 CEST 2012

From: Stephanie Howe <Stephanie.Howe at artscouncil.org.uk>
To: take2030 <now at take2030.net>
Subject: RE: take2030 moving forest application
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 10:16:24 +0000

Dear Shu Lea Cheang,

Thank you for your email and apologies for the
delayed response. As per our conversation earlier
this morning I would like to provide you with
some additional feedback on your recent
application to Grants for the arts. I understand
that you must be disappointed with the outcome of
your recent submission to Grants for the arts,
your application was recommended for funding,
however Grants for the arts is a highly
competitive programme so not all the recommended
applications are successful.

Your application met all of our criteria and
scored highly with regards to quality and
finance, it was highlighted within the assessment
that Take2030 had presented a very interesting
artistic idea and that the quality of the
production was likely to be high. It was noted
that the activity delivers on Arts Council's
priorities relating to digital work and that you
had developed some strong partnerships. With
regards to finance, it was highlighted that the
expenditure for the activity had been clearly
broken down and that you had secured a good
amount of match funding for your activity
demonstrating commitment to the project from
other partners. It was also noted that it was
very positive to see the organisation using crowd
sourcing as a means of raising partnership
funding and generating wider interest in the
activity.

However, your application would have been
strengthened if there was further detail provided
about the performance element of the project and
what the production will entail. With regards to
public engagement, it was noted that as there is
a participatory element to the activity, further
detail about how you intend to engage a wider
audience, including those who may not usually
engage with arts activities would have
strengthened the application. The digital and
online opportunities could also have been further
explored, in your application you noted that the
projected audience numbers you hoped to reach via
online platforms was 30,000; however the
application lacked detail about how online
audiences would be reached. Further detail about
the timescales involved for the delivery of the
activity and how the project will be managed
would also have been useful.

I hope you have found the feedback provided
helpful, if you require any further information
please contact me. Grants for the arts is an open
and rolling programme so you can re-apply at any
time. Decisions take six weeks for applications
up to £10,000 and twelve weeks for anything
above. Competition for funds is very high, so a
re-submission cannot be a guarantee of success.

Please see the links below to guidance and
information sheets available on our website:

<http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/funding/apply-for-funding/grants-for-the-arts/guidance-and-information-sheets/>http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/funding/apply-for-funding/grants-for-the-arts/guidance-and-information-sheets/

Good luck with your next application.

Kind regards,

Stephanie

Stephanie Howe