[mf2012] Broadcast of the future

rachelbaker at irational.org rachelbaker at irational.org
Thu Jun 21 22:32:57 CEST 2012

Calling all Hexists!

The Moving Forest opera is doing several things - foregrounding the
tragedy of the Olympics via the tragedy of Macbeth, telling a story of
revolt, urban, political and personal, inside and outside the Castle.

Act 0 'Omen' invokes the Witch's prophetic role (and the role of prophecy
in fictitious capital through such demonic magic as the credit default
swap and the algorithmic alchemy of the collateral debt obligation).

On July 4, 1am-midday, Resonance FM have agreed to let loose a night-time
broadcast of the future, issuing sonic signals, omens, divinations,
prophecies, readings, rants, howls and drones. An overture to the forest
mobilisations.

If you would like to contribute I will be arranging recording sessions of
readings of magical texts at
1)Freedom Bookshop, Friday 22nd June and Friday 29th June, 6.30pm
and
2)at my sound studio, Wednesday 27th June from midday.

Drop me a line if you have something to read, announce, foretell...
Or
if you have any sound files you would like dropped into the mix.

'There is no single term that can summon us.'

Hope you all had a happy solstice!

Rachel