[mf2012] working towards MF2012 london - structure update

shu lea cheang shulea at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 23 14:18:24 CET 2012

finally...the list!! (dont cry for me...)

Thanks for the support pouring in.
I just added myself another job description - list manager.
sorry for the test spam... walking myself through parameters.

This list mf2012 is set up towards staging Moving Forest 2012 in London.
This list serves as a public forum for all discussions, mobilization.
This list willl terminate itself  once mission completed.

In my organizer's hat, i am making a report/update
based on MF london workshops 2011 and  a mini planning meetings in
Berlin this February.

To start with-

Moving Forest London2012

(1) performance format & duration
12 day 12 hour expanded public performance
The 12 hour (9am to 9pm) non-stop day is to be set a day in July.
During the 12 hours, MF scenario (act 0 to act 5) are to be performed
consecutively (no intermission) and collectively  at various
locations. The Act 4 [insurgency] & Act 5[return to 0] calls for all
troupes marching towards the imagery castle, currently set at Parade
Ground
(Chelsea College of Art and Design). [confirmed, date TBD].

Once the 12 hour performance date is confirmed, we push back 12 days
to launch the forest moving. The 12 day mobilzation of forest moving
is structured as auto-plug in mode (a la NodeLondon in 2006) ,
actions, movements can take places at  any location, an openstreetmap
interface is set up to [track|document| -building towards a network
insurgency.

(2) Acts, threads & Spines
MF2012 is made of

[spines]
*500 slogans- Matthew Fuller - libretto for moving forest
*Throne of Blood (final 12 minutes rendered) - Graham Harwood

[threads] -
*London openstreet mapping acts and actions - network insurgency (12
day 12 hour)
*Smart phone public sourcing  (12 day 12 hour)
*Arrows and blood (12 hour)
*radio streaming (12 hour)
.... [more threads can be considered]

[acts] - act 0 to act 5, each act, assign a leader/director to
'compose' the act with multiple input and collaboration. Location
varies.

(3) The organization structure

Producer: TAKE2030 [take2030.net]
Organizing committee:
Rachel Baker, Ilze Black, Shu Lea Cheang, Matthew Fuller, Graham Harwood.

The organizing committee can be reached with this email
now at movingforest.net

Collaborating organizations;
Center for Cultural Studies, Goldsmiths College, University of London
MA interactive media studies, Goldsmiths College, University of London
CCW (Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon) Graduate School
Furtherfield
SPACE
[More to add on]

(4) Planning a conference

  MF as case study for holding  workshop/conference on tactical media,
durational performance+++++
Being organized by Matthew Fuller (Cultural Studies) and David Garcia (CCW)
date to be set around the performance duration.

(5) Seeking funding

We have currently ZERO funding. (s state of relief)
We are working towards an Arts Council England funding proposal to be
submitted by end of february early early march to allow 3 months turn
around notice.

We need to open discussions on how to raise funds.

(6) Seeking troupes, networks++++

We want more and more artists, common folks+++++++ to join us.
if you know someone who could be interested, please refer to us.
Or sign them on to this list.

ok,
a long email.
hope to trigger, incite...